Main Menu

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

01.18.12 - IMATS 2011

Hey guys,


I know I haven't written about IMATS in depth but I just wanted to acknowledge that part of production is definitely the art of makeup. I had gone to the International Makeup Artist Trade Show in Pasadena on June 25-26, 2011. It was one of the most interesting conventions that I've been to. They offer a variety of makeup in different brands and also features many ways of utilizing it. Not sure if I had mention that correctly but makeup really creates something artistic to the extent of regular daily makeup. It's quite exciting for me since they even had special effects makeup creating different creatures including monsters, and some just went out of their way creatively. Here are a few photos taken by me at the event:


Not only that I've seen different creatures but I also bumped into many familiar beauty vloggers from YouTube. :D I got to meet Josh (Petrilude), Judy (Itsjudytime), Jarmaine (Jlovesmac), and even Kandee Johnson. Kandee is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. As you can see in the photo, she was genuinely sweet and really wants to meet her fans. :) During that moment, I had told her, "I'm not leaving until I meet Kandee Johnson!" Then she replied, "Well you're not leaving until I meet you!" :) Hehe.. Just a really sweet moment. She has been a true inspiration to so many, even those who aren't beauty gurus/vloggers.


Anyway, I wanted to thank my friend Lindsey for letting me know about this event. If she didn't tell me about it I wouldn't have known. Here are my friends Lindsey (left) and Christina (right) at IMATS.


To see more photos of IMATS you can watch my original vlog here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xll1_D2LGLc


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.