Main Menu

Sunday, November 9, 2014

11.09.14 - Behind The Video - Oculoose


Hello guys!

On rare occasions, I like to do horror movie parodies for xCreativexSoulx. I've seen the original film Oculus and wasn't pleased with the turnout. I guess I expected a lot from the movie, especially a horror movie since it's one of my favorite genres of film. It's funny that movies only show the best part during the previews or trailers. I wanted to do my take on this, because I had the resources to make this mini-movie. I have the mirror from a garage sale, my tripods and cameras, computers, and liquid latex for creating the creature from the mirror, so I knew it wouldn't be too difficult. In total, I filmed this video for three weekends.



I had fun playing with the make-up for this look since I have liquid latex available to create the textured skin. I also used this same liquid latex for my "Zombie Vlog." The possibilities to create all sorts of creatures, injuries, and many other types of characters are endless. The glowing eyes were already done in post-production with After Effects, a powerful tool in creating motion graphics and other effects. Really love that amazing program!



The shrouded mirror gives you that uncomfortable, eerie feeling. So I took this photo to make the viewers feel what I was feeling. I tinted the photo below in black and white for this effect.


Check out the Behind The Video below:


Thanks for reading/viewing guys!

-Kits
xCreativexSoulx

1 comment:

Shugh said...

Would really love some more soap opera parodies Creative Soul!

Sean

Powered by Blogger.