Main Menu

Sunday, April 29, 2012

05.02.12 - Zorse Ranch

Hi everyone,

A month ago I had gone to a Zorse Ranch in San Diego called Hearts & Hands Animal Rescue. Living to it's name, there were several zebras, horses, zorses and other unique and unusual animals. What makes this experience really refreshing is you get to be close to these animals.

As soon as I arrived, this was the first thing that I saw. A pen full of zebras! I was really excited and knew I wanted to see more on the ranch.

I had the opportunity to take a picture with the zebra. Keep in mind these are wild animals. You have to be a bit distant away from them. Zebras are known to be 10x more powerful than a horse. And usually, horses are way easier to domesticate than these zebras.

I was trying to be brave petting this zebra, they really bite and pull you.

Zebras can't be around kids since they are dangerous. But this one specifically was trained to be ridden by the girl in this picture. The key is to be their friend first before you actually ride them. Not anyone can just ride zebras. It's a process of befriending the animal first.

This horse was rescued from pitbulls. There were several dogs gnawing and chewing on the horse's snout which explains why this poor horse' gums and teeth are exposed. I felt bad for the little fellah.

I also saw these cute little birds. They look quite unique. Almost like chickens but you can see they have a different body and spots. You can see these throughout the ranch.

A few pictures I took of the zebras.

I found out this day that Llamas are related to camels. You can tell by their face. I got a chance to be close to a really cute camel named Aria. She is actually featured on the video relating to this blog. Made my whole day even more exciting! :)

Anyway you can see more from this video. :) Thanks for reading and watching my little adventure guys! Be posting more updates soon!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.